- Non-fandom people: Have you heard of that new City of Bones movie coming out?
- Me: Yes...
- My Brain: Yes, I've been watching the filming since the VERY. FIRST DAY.
- Non-Fandom people: Oh, did you see the trailer?
- Me: I have...
- My Brain: I have had several blogs specifically for the movie, several for the book, and the day the trailer came out, I sat on my computer refreshing every 2 seconds waiting for the release.
- Non-fandom people: I think it was made from a book.
- Me: Yes, it was.
- My brain: I HAVE HAD THE BOOKS ON MY BOOKSHELF FOR 4 YEARS, BOTH SOFTCOVER AND HARDCOVER, I KNOW EVERY SIGNIFICANT AND INSIGNIFICANT DETAIL OF THE 6 BOOKS, CLACE WERE MY FIRST EVER OTP, MY HEART ACHED FOR MONTHS WHEN I THOUGHT THEY WERE SIBLINGS, I KNOW WHAT EVERY SINGLE RUNE IN THE BOOKS/MOVIE LOOKS LIKE AND WHAT IT MEANS, I WILL GET AN IRATZE TATTOO AND A HIDDEN RUNE TATTOO SOMETIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE, I HAVE CHATTED WITH THE AUTHOR, I HAVE LONGED TO BE A SHADOWHUNTER, I HAVE LIVED AND BREATHED THESE BOOKS INSTEAD OF DOING ANYTHING PRODUCTIVE WITH MY LIFE, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, DO YOU EVEN KNOW ME AT ALL?
So while sifting through this TMI tumbl frenzy I came across this photo:
Out of curiosity, am I really the only one who immeadiately saw this,
And then this,
…and then this?
Jace: Let’s go kill some shit.
Alec: By the angel’s sexy ass, Jace, I’d love to!
“He flipped the book open to the front page, where the title was printed in ornate script. Across from it was a long dedication, the ink faded now and barely legible, though Clary could make out the signature: With hope at last, William Herondale.
“Some ancestor of yours,” Clary said—-
Me: HE’S NOT JUST SOME ANCESTOR OMG HE’S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HERONDALE TO HAVE EVER EXISTED. YOU KNOW NOTHING CLARY FRAY. NOTHING.
At the City of Bones premiere:
- Wear a black jacket (caz you don’t have to be a shadowhunter to look this good) zipped up
- Enjoy the awesomeness it’s sure to be
- When movie is over: watch the non-readers freak out about Clace being siblings
- Casually rise and turn to face the theatre
- Unzip jacket to reveal special shirt
- Watch non-readers become confused and frustrated
- Enjoy maniacal evil genius inner laugh
- Calmly walk out like a spoiler boss